Travelling with a 13 months old baby

Stamin1

Anyone went travelling overseas with a 13 coming 14 months old baby before? What did you have to bring like bath tub, sterilizer etc. And also how to cook porridge for my son when I bring him overseas? Appreciate advices out there, many thanks in advance.

Hi Joe....welcome to the Forum

Apparently (according to my wife) you don't need to sterilize anything as is now over 12 months old, the bath is always handy I suppose.

As for the porridge - pour boiling water into a jar with sugar and add oats, cover jar and leave for 20 minutes, stir and eat 

We have been travelling with my ds when he was like 6 months. By the time he was one, he takes the food in the hotel, just order food with special request like no msg, soy sauce etc for bb and most of the time the hotel will entertain for lunch and dinner. Breakfast my boy will take toast and cereals.

We also travel with bb snacks like biscuits and packet juices for him, bought bottled water for him.

• 1 month later...

Some few years ago, we regularly took our baby in the back of our 911 convertible when touring Tuscany.  I heavily modified the Porsche child car seat so it incorporated a blind over her head, and she always wore a tiny little white linen flying helmet, but she loved it. In fact, the only time she ever cried was when we took her out of the seat.  The helmet was altered over the years for subsequent Tuscan tours in other 911’s and a couple of Aston’s.  By the time we finally changed to a car with more rear seat legroom [ a Bentley ], she’d gotten out of love with the helmet and just preferred to let her hair flow behind her in the slipstream. Being blonde she attracted a lot of attention in Italy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2020 at 8:44 AM, Steve123 said:

Some few years ago, we regularly took our baby in the back of our 911 convertible when touring Tuscany.  I heavily modified the Porsche child car seat so it incorporated a blind over her head, and she always wore a tiny little white linen flying helmet, but she loved it. In fact, the only time she ever cried was when we took her out of the seat.  The helmet was altered over the years for subsequent Tuscan tours in other 911’s and a couple of Aston’s.  By the time we finally changed to a car with more rear seat legroom [ a Bentley ], she’d gotten out of love with the helmet and just preferred to let her hair flow behind her in the slipstream. Being blonde she attracted a lot of attention in Italy.

Thanks for these suggestion.