Plenty of time for detailing now

Gailion

Well, with the latest events I have now been able to 'detail' my car (white Q7) and the wifge's car (Emerald Green Karoq).

What amazes me every time I do this si the size difference between the two. The Q7 seems to take and age to clean compared to the Karoq.

I think the surprise is partly because the Q7 doesn't look big in terms of its styling. It has more of an extended estate car look compared to a Discovery for example.

Anyway, rinsed, foamed, washed, dried and quick detailed and it looks good. 

I should really get the tar remover/clay bar done but I have never done that and would need to buy the materials for it.

I use a Karcher pressure washer, Autobrite lance and snowfoam, Bilt Hamber car shampoo and Meguairs Ultimate Quik Detail

spray.

I think I will get some of the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax as a step up form the Quik Detail spray.

I used to have the full on waxes and polishes but I can't be bothered with that now, especially on a white car.

Anyone else using their extra home time to detail?

Yup, 2 days of machine polishing and waxing.

As for clay, Deffo a worthwhile job bud, highly recommend bilt hamber blue clay as it only requires water as a lube. I would also use tar removed prior to claying, tardis tar remover is good, but tbf autoglym tar remover is also effective.