Hi from County Durham

paul p

Just a quick Hi from a newbie.

I've joined the club as a A3 owner of 6 years and its been the best car I've ever had, however its time to move on to a Q5.

I'm hoping to tap into the knowledge forum members have and also like to see what people have done to improve there cars etc while also chipping here and there.

Cheers folks

• 2 months later...

Hi Its been a while but I'm very close to putting a deposit down on the q5 2016 s line plus auto, only thing putting me off a bit is it has only had 1 service at 15k, what do you think, garage said they would service prior to sale? 

Hi Magnet, apparently me and the dealer were talking about different cars....it has a full history. Only other thing its got 62k on and at the last mot had 60k with an advisory of steering rack with slight play at the steering wheel, is this common, easy or hard to fix? Cheers

Hello Richard,

We are not talking main dealer purchase here? 

Apologies for my cynical hat on approach, but ‘oh talking different car, and yes full service history’ - heard that a few times. 

You are not putting a deposit of a car you haven’t seen are you? Deposits are non refundable, and you are at the mercy of the seller as to whether they return it or not if you don’t buy. Worth remembering that if you don’t like it when you see it, you will be pulling out of a previous agreement (deposit paid) to buy, so you will have broken a contract. 

Obviously ignore all the above if you have already inspected it, and I’ve got this ‘different car’ confused.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Cheers Gareth,

Went and had a look at the car, full service history by Audi Coventry and in excellent condition. The car was serviced by Audi not long after the mot mentioned and nothing was said about the steering rack, new tyres and pads were fitted along with the normal service and a brake fluid change. I had the car inspected by a mechanic who was happy with the car, bought it, drove it 250 miles home and love it. Set up all the settings, phone, music etc now just need to enjoy it.

• Like 1