central locking issue

Paul34u

Hi guy's like to get a bit of advice on my a4 central locking as it sort of stopped working as it don't unlock doors using key in door it will lock all doors ok but not unlock using buttons on key won't do anything inc lift or lower windows but if i turn ignition on the first setting then driver door will lock all doors & only unlock driver door via key as well as window lift but other 3 doors seem to only do the dead locks when trying to unlock only same as with key & if left for around a about 30 mins then the key fob stop working again till i turn ignition back on hope someone can help with this issue thank's

Welcome to the forum Paul, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊

When I had a similar issue itbwas the drivers door locking mechanism which was at fault. In my case the drivers door mechanism controls the rest of the central locking. My car was repaired by an auto electrician and cost £120.

Cheers

Steve