Audi 80 cab

Paul Baker

Hi I have just joined the club, I have a 1996 Audi 80 cab, The electric roof does not work, I have been told the the wiring in the boot lid is more likly to be faulty, I have looke on line to see where I can get replacement wiring for this but no luck, where can I get hold of this along with a diagrame showing which wires are replaced, or does the new wiring loom replace all the wiring in the boot?

Welcome to the forum Paul, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch.

If you're struggling to source the loom I'm sure any experienced auto electrician can make you one. In failing that eBay is probably your best bet. Have you checked whether or not there is power going to the pump or catches? 

I did look on eBay for you without success, but have found an 80 convertible being broken for spares. Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223378800990

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for that Steve, I have tried eBay but each time I have contacted the seller they have been very vauge as to whether it was the right one or not. I did speak to someone on the Audi club stand at the last clasic car show at the NEC he did give me details of where I could get one but unfortunitly I lost his contact details, do you know who it might have been?

cheers Paul

1 hour ago, Paul Baker said:

Thanks for that Steve, I have tried ebay but each time I have contacted the seller they have been very vauge as to whether it was the right one or not. I did speak to someone on the Audi club stand at the last clasic car show at the NEC he did give me details of where I could get one but unfortunitly I lost his contact details, do you know who it might have been?

cheers Paul

Sorry they've been vague. I'm not sure who it was as I wasn't at the NEC unfortunately as I wasn't there. 

Sorry I can't help you more.

Cheers

Steve