Downpipe and fmic gains??

BMAaudiTT2020

Hi Barry welcome to the forum, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊 

I believe FMIC won't increase bhp or torque but will keep the intake temperature lower. The TT has two corner ones as standard if I'm.not mistaken. The main benefit will be when you start applying other mods such as remaps, induction kits, sports exhausts etc thus meaning you're putting less strain on components once the FMIC is fitted. 

Also I know that the 225bhp model standard intercoolers can cope with 300bhp. Not sure what the max the 180bhp standard intercoolers can take but probably 220bhp at a very guess. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve yeah I’m not quite sure what the 180 bhp intercooler can manage that’s why I got the fmic I also got a race downpipe and I’ve already fitted the Ramair intuition kit with heat shield and once there all fitted I was gonna get the stage 1 remap 

thanks for your reply 👍🏽

5 hours ago, BMAaudiTT2020 said:

Thanks Steve yeah I’m not quite sure what the 180 bhp intercooler can manage that’s why I got the fmic I also got a race downpipe and I’ve already fitted the Ramair intuition kit with heat shield and once there all fitted I was gonna get the stage 1 remap 

thanks for your reply 👍🏽

Nice one. It'll certainly help when you're fitting other mods. Probs best going for an upgraded exhaust next then remap 👍

Cheers

Steve