Sat Nav Basic Help

As a newbie to this I'm feeling a bit thick, but hopefully someone will take pity on me .

I got a new A3 on a CH scheme last October.  Now I expected the map would be up to date, but having driven on part of the M1 that didn't shown on the map, that to my knowledge had been open a while, I wondered whether it needs updating.

Having a quick look in the manual and online, it's not clear to me how to a) check whether there is an update available or b) how to do it if there is

I can see it's possible to update via SD card, or online.  The only SD card slots are with the CD player in the glove compartment, so I'm not clear if they are for use to update MMI etc.

I've gone to MyAudi account, but there is no mention of maps on there as I had expected.

So my basic question is how do I check latest version of UK maps against what I have installed.  Next question is where to find and install them if and when required.

TIA

Welcome to the forum, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 😊 

From what you're describing I think you have the Sat nav system that has to be updated at an Audi dealership. It's not cheap as they plug the car directly into a computer liked to Audi in Germany and think it's around £200 to do. 

Cheers

Steve

41 minutes ago, Red Imp said:

Crikey,.  Aren't there at least some free updates, you would have thought at least the map would have been up to date when delivered.

It's worth asking your local dealer. You might ha e one or two free maybe? 🙂

• 7 months later...

I didn't follow this up urgently as to be honest I've hardly gone anywhere like most people.  But last week a message came up on the console saying a new map was ready to download and did I want to do it.  I was just parking so I said no thinking it would ask again, but so far hasn't and I can't find a menu option in car or on MyAudi account to trigger it.  Anybody and clues where it might be hidden?

TIA