Q7 air suspension

Q7tdi

Hi guys, had an issue yesterday driving the car yellow suspension light came on drove home OK couple of hours later front end was on the floor the rear seamed at its usual height, anyone had this before just wondering why both fronts have dropped together. 

Thanks Chris. 

Hi Chris air suspension faults can be caused by a number of factors: 

Faulty compressor or leak in the system but I doubt it's this if the rear is at normal height. Unless the compressor is making any unusual/loud humming or hissing noises I can't imagine it's that.

Faulty airbag or fault with level sensors. I've also read that a faulty fuse can cause the system to drop half the car like in your case. The orange 40amp fuse is located under the passenger seat. Definitely worth checking that first 👍

If it's not the fuse then my advice would be to do a diagnostic check to see what fault codes flag up. 

Cheers

Steve

Yeah will do don't know when probably going to take a good few days, keeping the kids busy is the most difficult thing I've encountered 😩

But I'll definitely keep you guys posted! 

• 4 weeks later...

Right sorted the air suspension, nice easy fix nearside front height level sensor had become detached from the upper control arm, so removed it the plastic rods where very stiff so lubed it up re-fitted all OK. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Chris. 

30 minutes ago, Q7tdi said:

Right sorted the air suspension, nice easy fix nearside front height level sensor had become detached from the upper control arm, so removed it the plastic rods where very stiff so lubed it up re-fitted all OK. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Chris. 

Fantastic Chris, glad you got it fixed easily and cheaply 🙂

Cheers

Steve