MMI 2g upgrade to MMI 3g

You need to figure out want 3G options you want fitted, as there are 6 different versions of the main Audi Multimedia unit, radio module with and without DAB, you will need a new bose amp if bose if fitted, you will also need a new screen. Best place to buy parts would be eBay

to upgrade it to mmi 3g you need: 

Mmi 3g high resolution screen approx £70

New radio/AMP module with DAB. Audi no longer have a separate AMP for cars without Bose/B&O it's now part of the radio. Cost £160

Audi Multimedia this replaces the old control head/Nav/BT and AMI modules. The unit I picked up was a hard disk based version, but does not have the sim card slot. Cost of this was £170

Final module was a new CD-Changer with the 3G setup cost approx £80

Aerial Amplifiers DAB/TV
Digital TV module
AMI Cable
Multimedia to screen cable
V2 climate controls

You also need to get the can-gateway software updated, for MMI 3G you need software version 0071 or 0080. 

hope I've helped.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 years later...

Hello, I want to upgrade the 2G MMI to 3G+ MMI on a Audi A5. I have not done anything like this before and I am not sure how everything works. Is everything plug and play? Can it be done at home? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Claudiu