Audi main dealers.

Steve123

Although I only use independent Audi approved garages [ I am lucky enough to have two nearby and closer than my main dealer], I recently received an email circular sent by the MD of the chain which owns my local Audi dealership.  It was, in common with many other businesses, advising that they are still here to support their clients ( I’ve never done ANY business with them  ) through these difficult times.    I am tempted to reply that if they can do that now, it is a shame that they never rang back or replied to my text messages from before the current COVID pandemic.    In fairness, I should say that despite buying a new Alfa Romeo Guilia Quatrofoglio for my wife two years ago, my local Alfa main dealer is probably even worse, they didn’t even ring back when I expressed interest in buying my daughter a used Guilietta earlier this year ......but somehow one expects more from an Audi main dealership.

Hey Steve, 

Ultimately it's your choice. I've had dealings with main dealers where I've had to complain. It took months to get an issue resolved and an apology. Depends if you have the time and energy. 

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve (England),

Simply marketing. Dissatisfactions arise in all facets of life, and it’s often easier to attempt to resolve them and move on, simply on the basis of holding discontents in the mind can weigh heavy! 

‘Dealers’ in general are having a tough time over the last few weeks, and (OK pessimistically?) I cannot see this pandemic going away in anything under 18 months. Life has, and will continue to, change, and tolerance will become even more of a virtue, as the northern hemisphere takes current experience from the southern hemisphere’s impending winter. Only after this, will we know the fuller picture of how this will affect our lives during the coming year. 

Anyway, a long way around of trying to get a point over of - if you are happy with your current independent’s work - great. If you have had discontents with a main dealer then just move on to more important worries.

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth.