Insurance

Rich.crump

Hello Richard,

Perhaps you could let the forum know what this car will be used for - as your main vehicle, or as an occasional use car?  If occasional use, what your anticipated annual mileage will be. Also whether it will be garaged or not while not in use. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

So this will be used on a regularly frequent basis - possibly as a daily driver car, and it’s unlikely to be practical for you to restrict the annual mileage to say 3,000 to 6,000 miles? 

I ask, since if you were, it might (only might, since it is less than the normally required minimum 20 years old) be possible to get this onto a classic car insurance policy. These policies do not depend on having a ‘spare’ no claims bonus, but neither does it generate one. You can also insure the car on an agreed value basis, but insurers will expect that the car will not be a daily driver. 

If these requirements do not meet your intended use, then you can effectively forget about the classic car policy possibilities. 

If that is the case, as I see it, you will simply need go down the normal comparison website route and obtain a cover which suits your needs.

I believe there is an insurance contact on this forum, so you could start there.

Hope some of this may be helpful to point you towards what may not be possible and what your alternatives are. 

Perhaps you could keep the forum posted on how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Gundyr said:

How much is it normal to pay for insurance? I don't want to overpay anything...

In simple terms you will pay more than you thought and get less than you expected! 

There is no normal so the simplest thing to do is to register with confused.com or moneysupermarket or one of the others - put in all your details and see what comes back. 

That will let you see the range if costs along with potential benefits such as hire cars, AA insurance, reduced excess, etc. 

Normally the websites offer you some sort of incentive to buy through them. 

If you are registered with them then your renewal process becomes very easy. 

• Like 1

Hello Emil,

Everything depends on your personal situation, the use to which the car will put, your ‘insurance record’ etc. Please read my basic principles of classic car insurance if ( in caps) it would be applicable to you. Just let the forum know if you think it may, and we can give you some contacts. If it doesn’t, then just follow Shytot’s advice and pass everything through the comparison sites as most people do. 
As he says, ensure you add on the extras you require for your particular needs, rather than just going for the cheapest. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Thank you very much! It's always nice to see that someone wants to help. I asked that question because I don't have any insurance, and I was looking into it. And I've always been told that this !Removed! is costly, so I'm contemplating on it. I'll need to check the websites shytot recommended to see if I can pay or not.

Hello Emil,

I’m unsure whether you don’t have insurance because you don’t have a car, so would suggest you follow Dan’s suggestion and have a chat with the Adrian Flux folks, who will be able to guide you through the basics. 

I’m sure you will know that if you have never had car insurance then the costs to insure any car can be expensive to start. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

23 hours ago, Gundyr said:

Thank you very much! It's always nice to see that someone wants to help. I asked that question because I don't have any insurance, and I was looking into it. And I've always been told that this thing is costly, so I'm contemplating on it. I'll need to check the websites shytot recommended to see if I can pay or not. And again, I just finished reading an article that says you can get discounts on your insurance if you have a good driving record and no license points. It's here; https://www.moneyexpert.com/car-insurance/no-claims-discounts/. But it seems the discount only applies to old customers and not people in my category. But I'll try to ask other insurance guys for clarification.

I sent you PM dan