S7 coil packs

Clacki S7

Afternoon I’m new to the site so wanted to introduce myself.  My names lee I have a 2013 S7 remapped by apr at ecotune in Scotland , RS7 turbos and RS7 intake , I have had coil pack failure , and wondered , what the best coil packs are and why and also where to get them , cheers guys 

Welcome to the forum Lee, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

My advice would be to contact the companies who carried out the other modifications to see what they would recommend. 

I think on slot of performance Audi's NGK sparkplugs or Denso IKH27 or IKH24 sparkplugs are quite a common choice and on other performance VAG cars Audi R8 coilpacks have been used. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve , so I’m going to contact ecotune in Scotland probably Monday now, and see what they say , and il be sure to get the R8 coil packs , does this make any difference to the performance ? Or is it just a better component for the 4.0 V8 twin turbo ? Thanks again Steve 😁

Think they give a slighter stronger spark (5.5ohm compared to say 3.3ohm on a golf R) and allegedly more reliable, thus less susceptible to misfires than other VAG coilpacks but there's no other performance grains I don't believe. Cosmetically they're red so look cooler too lol 👍

Another good sparkplug you can upgrade to is NGK BKR7EIX.

For your V8 I believe the Audi part number for the R8 V8 coilpacks are: 06E905115E

Cheers

Steve

That’s fantastic news , the will be the ones I go for then I think , thanks for the part number great help , this group is awesome Thankyou , NGK plugs and R8 coil packs it is 😁 thanks again guys great help 

2 hours ago, Clacki S7 said:

That’s fantastic news , the will be the ones I go for then I think , thanks for the part number great help , this group is awesome Thankyou , NGK plugs and R8 coil packs it is 😁 thanks again guys great help 

You're welcome, glad I could help 🙂 

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Cheers

Steve

1 hour ago, Clacki S7 said:

I will do matey , thanks for the advice mate 😁😁 much appreciated 

You're welcome, glad I could help 🙂 oh make sure you get the genuine Audi ones as there are a lot of inferior ones out there. It's what I've seen with other VAG cars with performance upgrades. 

Cheers

Steve

4 hours ago, Clacki S7 said:

No problem , I have the part numbers from you which is greatly appreciated , today’s task , find a supplier 😁 thanks again Steve massive help

You're welcome, glad I could help 🙂

Cheers

Steve