2003 S4 auto. NO REVERSE LIGHTS...

Ferret

I’ve got a 53 plate S4 auto and no reverse lights. Fuse and lamps are fine. 
I was kindly sent a diagram of the location of the reverse switch, but my god!! Does the whole auto box need to be dropped just to fit this little switch??? None of us can fit our hands up onto top of gearbox?

read somewhere it might be in the selector box instead??

not an urgent repair, but just something that’s bugging me. Not relishing taking gearbox out just for this reason though!!

a definite answer would be great!!

Hey Jez, I think it depends which gearbox is in your s4. 

You can find out by looking at the build sticker in your spare wheel well or the inside front cover of your service book. You can use the decider to find out:          http://prsearch.planetvag.com

From there you should be able to find out where the switch is 

Cheers

Steve

Cheers steve.

found the code of gearbox and all others. Entered it all and alas... couldn’t find any further info.😡

at least I now have gearbox code, so guessing a call to my local Audi garage is in order now, to see if they can help.

cheers though!

ferret.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Cheers steve.

found the code of gearbox and all others. Entered it all and alas... couldn’t find any further info.😡

at least I now have gearbox code, so guessing a call to my local Audi garage is in order now, to see if they can help.

cheers though!

ferret.

You're welcome 🙂 sorry I couldn't help more. If you find your Audi garage is closed then I'd recommend you speak to your  local motor factor as I'm sure they'll know what part you'll need, and how it's accessed 👍