Audi A3 2008 8P Driver Side Window keeps clicking

Justin123

Hi new to this page, I've tried searching round but can't find any page with the same problem. I have a 2008 Audi A3 8P, When I put the window up on the driver side it will go all the way up and then stop because the glass has reached the top but the switch continues to make a clicking noise until i press the button for it to go down lightly.

Has anyone fixed this issue before and what was the solution? I'm not sure how the regulator works

Hello Justin,

Sounds like it has a regulator issue. 

Are you intending to try to sort this yourself and do you have a suitable meter etc? 

Might be something best left to an auto electrician when you can get hold of one?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I have a similar problem with mine in that as soon as the glass reaches the top it promptly opens again. In my case it only happens after rain so I assume water is getting into the switch, for as soon as it dries out the problem disappears and automatic winding resumes. I know I can overcome the problem by changing to non-auto winding by holding the switch up for two seconds so I have not bothered to investigate it further.

If you get yours repaired Justin I'd be glad to hear how.