Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror.

B7 man

Good afternoon.

Can any one please advise on the following.

I have an A4 Saloon. The interior mirror fitted just now is the standard one. Can I fit a dimming rear view mirror and is the wiring for it to connect to within the opening in the roof lining and easily assessable. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

I do not believe the wiring would be there unfortunately. I wouldn't normally put in links to other forums, but this is a retrofit for a b6. 

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/retrofit-auto-dimming-rear-view-mirror-ch-lh-picture-heavy.247262/

Needless to say it's not going to be cheap. 

Cheers

Steve

Thank you Steve.

There is quiet a bit of work involved plus additional parts. Going by the tutorial it is best to leave the existing mirror in place as their is no margin for errors. Thinking about it the tinted rear windows should eliminate any cars driving behind with head lights on causing a glare.

Again thank you for the link to read up about retro fitting.

Regards,

Stuart.

2 hours ago, B7 man said:

Thank you Steve.

There is quiet a bit of work involved plus additional parts. Going by the tutorial it is best to leave the existing mirror in place as their is no margin for errors. Thinking about it the tinted rear windows should eliminate any cars driving behind with head lights on causing a glare.

Again thank you for the link to read up about retro fitting.

Regards,

Stuart.

You're welcome glad I could help 👍