Changing of headlamps

Lsj

Need to change my headlights what can I upgrade them to pictures would help also part number would be appreciated thanks 

lisa

Hi Lisa, if you're changing them because the lenses have faded and gone milky my advice would be to get them sanded and relacquered. 

Far cheaper option 👍

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve for the reply I think they have been sanded and relacquered can they be done again ?

thanks 

lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa,

Just changed mine as the old ones were fogged on the inside! Thought I would upgrade also but it is hard - assuming you have halogens then upgrading to HID or LED is problematic for 2 reasons: 1 - the electrics from the main headlight switch (and also possibly determined by the ECU) are set for halogens and you need a major electrical upgrade to change to HID and LEDs; 2 - the light unit itself is designed for halogen bulbs and HIDs/LED may not give the correct patters, and may fail MOT.

I bought used headlight units on eBay for about 20 quid each and then stuck Osram Night breaker halogen bulbs in...

Changing lights mans the front bumper guard has to come off - not too epic but not a small job

HTH

• Like 1