Driving problem after flat battery

Barkly

I have a 1.8 cabriolet registered year, 2000. After recharging a flat battery, when I drive it, it kangaroo hops down the road, with no acceleration until it stalls. It starts again after awhile, drives for a bit and does it again.  Think it's an electrical problem somewhere. Anyone else experienced this? Thanks. 

Hello Tim,

If this were mine, I would be getting the battery tested as a starting point. Current vehicles are so dependent on correct electrical voltages, and a serviceable battery is a must.

Why did it go flat? It’s not unknown for batteries to remain substandard following being left to go flat, and don’t recover on recharging. 

Halfords will/did test batteries if they are open. Buying a replacement from them if needed? Have a look on line for a premium brand first .

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi

thanks for your replies. I'll get the battery checked. The same thing happend to me last year. I hadn't used the car for a few months. I don't use the car that much anyway.  The issue occurred after the car was jump-started. Got someone to sort it for me (who I can't get hold of now). From memory, it was some sort of electrical thing that needed resetting.  The car has been working fine ever since with the same battery until I had to recharge it again yesterday after a period of a few months not being used.  

Thanks. 

Tim