DRL passenger side accidental fix

Pacman

light popped up on the dash advising that the "side light / daytime running light, left-side" is not working. Checked forum etc.  Checking code came up with usual nonsense of open or short connection.  Had a mate who having same problem he bought new unit ran it for a week same problem came up again.  Both totally frustrated.

I had an OBDeleven and obviously started adding and changing things i stumbled across Scandinavian DRL setting which i thought i would put on.  Just means your rear lights are on at the same time as front DRL's so was not to bothered.

This is were the accidental fix came in.  I do not know why or spooky science behind this but both DRL's work and I have been driving around for 2 months now and not an issue.  Oh my mate has done the same and he is on his 3 week with no issue either.

If anyone can explain why this is happening I would be interested but if it works it works.  Audi technician said it not possible.  I said "my !Removed!" because it has and you could not fix it.

20200502_203444 (3).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pacman said:

light popped up on the dash advising that the "side light / daytime running light, left-side" is not working. Checked forum etc.  Checking code came up with usual nonsense of open or short connection.  Had a mate who having same problem he bought new unit ran it for a week same problem came up again.  Both totally frustrated.

I had an OBDeleven and obviously started adding and changing things i stumbled across Scandinavian DRL setting which i thought i would put on.  Just means your rear lights are on at the same time as front DRL's so was not to bothered.

This is were the accidental fix came in.  I do not know why or spooky science behind this but both DRL's work and I have been driving around for 2 months now and not an issue.  Oh my mate has done the same and he is on his 3 week with no issue either.

If anyone can explain why this is happening I would be interested but if it works it works.  Audi technician said it not possible.  I said "my !Removed!" because it has and you could not fix it.

20200502_203444 (3).jpg

Glad you've got it working can't explain why though unless when you set it Scandinavian dRL it reset the system? 

Cheers

Steve

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Glad you've got it working can't explain why though unless when you set it Scandinavian dRL it reset the system? 

Cheers

Steve

Thank Steve

Made up that it was accidential and also helped a mate out.  Just thought I would put it on here to assist. 

3 hours ago, Pacman said:

Thank Steve

Made up that it was accidential and also helped a mate out.  Just thought I would put it on here to assist. 

It's brilliant, thank you 😊