2007 Q7 need to fix lower door trims

Mungo2007

Hi 

Just bought a 2007 Q7 it is dark grey with lighter grey trim on the lower outer part of the doors the trim is a matt finish can these be repainted? I have been looking for replacement trim panels but can't find them as the current panels are scratched and need sorting. 

Hello Duncan,

Preparation prior to painting will be king here, to ensure you are not disappointed with the end result. Do you intend to paint (and prepare) these in situ? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Im getting both sides boot and bumper sprayed currently to ensure match... all in about 1200 - so about 150 a panel....

(bumper off as it need a bit of love also from previous car owner who must of pulled things, plus resolving paint bubbling etc). Imagine the trims will be a lot cheaper but wanted to get paint match bob on.

ah ok i will have a look tonight to see if i can get the code. 

Might give it a go myself i can always get someone to sort it out if i bodge it. 

Been looking on eBay for a couple of these trim pieces but the matt light grey does not seem to be a popular trim colour.