Emission control and EPC lights

redjoe100
聽Share

Hi there, this evening my Emission control light started flashing then went out and was replaced by the EPC light constantly on. At he same time when both idling and around 2000rpm the ride feels very juddery 馃

The hand book says drive slowly to a qualified barrage for both lights. Any idea what it could be or if I can try anything?

Not a great feeling having had the car lass than a week and only 150 miles.

Any help would be great

Thanks

I was worried that would be the best thing to do. I bought it from an independent garage that offer a 3K miles warranty on engine and gearbox so im guessing that should be covered. Plus I've barely driven it!

Thanks Cliff

Whether there is a warranty or not, the car is clearly unfit for purpose so you聽have a right to get it rectified at the dealer's expense. Let's hope it's聽a reputable dealer who will do a decent job, rather than one of his shadier colleagues.

Garrage took it in and pulled the codes off it, ignition coil failed so I had those and all the sparks replaced. They've agreed to pick up the cost.

Thanks for the advice people.667958802_IMG-20200515-WA00022.thumb.jpg.8ee5d1a877bcbba5622755b95daf20a3.jpg

21 minutes ago, redjoe100 said:

Garrage took it in and pulled the codes off it, ignition coil failed so I had those and all the sparks replaced. They've agreed to pick up the cost.

Thanks for the advice people.667958802_IMG-20200515-WA00022.thumb.jpg.8ee5d1a877bcbba5622755b95daf20a3.jpg

Glad you got a good result 馃憤

Cheers

Steve

• Thanks 1

Sure enough a new ignition coil sorted this instantly. For good measure I had all 4 and a new set of plugs replaced. The error on the dash also disappeared. That's one ticked off. Thanks all 馃憤

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redjoe100 said:

Sure enough a new ignition coil sorted this instantly. For good measure I had all 4 and a new set of plugs replaced. The error on the dash also disappeared. That's one ticked off. Thanks all 馃憤

Glad it's fixed馃檪