Remote locking in-op

Teabag

Hi

I'm new to the site and require help. I have a 2001 b6 tdi and have owned it from new. Several years ago the central locking stoped working and because the car was used infrequently I just used the key. I now want to use the car more frequently therefore would like it to operate correctly.

I have tried all the key in lock and press lock/unlock without any joy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve or knows someone who can sort it in the Rotherham area.

Many thanks

I have a similar issue on my 2002 a6 currently and have had a similar issue previously. On the previous occasion the drivers door lock mechanism had failed which stopped the system from working. The driver door mechanism controls the rest of the central locking. The repair cost £120 from an auto electrician. 

I've not got round to getting it repaired again but in my case the worse case scenario is a failed CCM. 

Have you tried the spare key to rule out that it's a key issue? 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve

Yes tried spare key. I have also tried another ccm  without success.  The locking and unlocking works fine off the key and also off the button on the drivers door.

I've had a guy look at it previously and he said the car was seeing the keys?

I have wondered if to buy a pin reader and a alternate key fob to try.

I am open to any suggestions or help.

Thanks very much

Hi Steve

I thought I had replied to this?.

I have checked the wiring in the door, blooming nightmare getting door side gaiter attached. I ended with door panel off and bottom screw just spinning away.

All looked like new with no breaks or bad connections visible?

Cheers Trev