eBay.

During lockdown I have cleared out two garages with lofts above, one workshop, three storage sheds, one summerhouse, a potting shed and the house and attic above.  I have found an enormous amount of useful stuff, some of it never even used.  Ordinarily, this would all go to a local charity shop but they’re not open.  So I’ve bought loads of wrapping paper and bubble wrap and am now eBaying it all.   Most items find buyers but I am astonished at just how many people win the auction and then don’t pay up. Of course, they don’t get the item, but it is !Removed! irritating. eBay are useless in dealing with the problem ( I don’t think that they do anything at all ).    Anyone else ever have this problem with useless buyers ?

3 hours ago, Steve123 said:

During lockdown I have cleared out two garages with lofts above, one workshop, three storage sheds, one summerhouse, a potting shed and the house and attic above.  I have found an enormous amount of useful stuff, some of it never even used.  Ordinarily, this would all go to a local charity shop but they’re not open.  So I’ve bought loads of wrapping paper and bubble wrap and am now eBaying it all.   Most items find buyers but I am astonished at just how many people win the auction and then don’t pay up. Of course, they don’t get the item, but it is !Removed! irritating. eBay are useless in dealing with the problem ( I don’t think that they do anything at all ).    Anyone else ever have this problem with useless buyers ?

I've had it a few times. I find eBay are more on the side of the buyer than seller. Which is ironic when they get the money from.the seller! Some of ebays practices does make me angry. 

Love to buy from eBay and do sell items but definitely prefer to buy. 

Another thing I’ve noticed that has changed is this -   Buyers nowadays seem to be much more reluctant to bid until the very last moment ;  it never used to be like that  .  I think it keeps the bidding lower.

15 hours ago, Steve123 said:

Another thing I’ve noticed that has changed is this -   Buyers nowadays seem to be much more reluctant to bid until the very last moment ;  it never used to be like that  .  I think it keeps the bidding lower.

Totally agree but normally I too am guilty of bidding last minute. Usually in the last 7 seconds actually 😂