Central locking issue!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex smith

I have a 2001 1.8T b6 and having problems with my central locking. It doesn’t matter if I’m next to the car or away from it but the central locking just does it’s own thing, at one point it will lock by itself, then unlock. This is becoming a real problem as I’ve checked and I can open the doors between it locking. Been doing it for a while now and am ready to go back to biking to work at this point. PLEASE HELP!!

have a similar issue on my 2002 a6 currently and have had a similar issue previously. On the previous occasion the drivers door lock mechanism had failed which stopped the system from working. The driver door mechanism controls the rest of the central locking. The repair cost £120 from an auto electrician. 

I've not got round to getting it repaired again but in my case the worse case scenario is a failed CCM. Or a wiring issue in the door loom. 

Have you tried the spare key to rule out that it's a key issue? 

Cheers

Steve

I’ve had an electrician out already and he said the rear locks weren’t communicating properly so the car thought they were locking then unlocking straight away. I got him to check the CCM to rule that out since it was slightly wet when I pulled the carpet up around that area. I only have 1 key as well which may be causing a separate issue I have but I’ll fix that after this.... hopefully 

20 minutes ago, Alex smith said:

I’ve had an electrician out already and he said the rear locks weren’t communicating properly so the car thought they were locking then unlocking straight away. I got him to check the CCM to rule that out since it was slightly wet when I pulled the carpet up around that area. I only have 1 key as well which may be causing a separate issue I have but I’ll fix that after this.... hopefully 

A wet CCM is very likely the culprit. It's well known issues on Audi's of the era. 

42 minutes ago, Alex smith said:

I did get the electrician to test the CCM and he said it was fine it’s doing everything it should be doing. I’m so baffled as to how this is happening.

Hmm, as I say I know when they get wet they go wrong. There's not an issue in the wiring loom in the drivers door is there? 

I might just bare it and buy one. On a totally unrelated issue. Anyone ever have a problem with the blowers? So I can be driving for about 2 hours or so and the blowers will blower on full and I can’t turn them down only off, the immobiliser light also flashes when this happens? I can turn it off and back on and it’s gone and fine for the next 2 hours. 

Im losing my mind here!!!!

7 hours ago, Alex smith said:

I might just bare it and buy one. On a totally unrelated issue. Anyone ever have a problem with the blowers? So I can be driving for about 2 hours or so and the blowers will blower on full and I can’t turn them down only off, the immobiliser light also flashes when this happens? I can turn it off and back on and it’s gone and fine for the next 2 hours. 

Im losing my mind here!!!!

I do think that the car has suffered from some sort of water damage abd is common on Audi's of this era. Definitely worth making sure all electronics are dry as they all run along the bulkhead if I'm not mistaken and obviously are the first things to get wet. Check the Skittles panel abd battery tray to make sure no more water is coming in. 

I don't be surprised if all the issues are linked. Especially as youve said the imobiliser light comes on. 

Cheers

Steve