Air con problem

Alex smith

Hi everyone,

I have an a4 b6 01 1.8T. I’ve had the air con regased but it’s still the same, can’t turn off econ button and semi cold air coming out. Anyone know where the relay is location? Or anyone had this problem before that could shed some light on what it could be? Car was sat for a while.

4 hours ago, Alex smith said:

Hi everyone,

I have an a4 b6 01 1.8T. I’ve had the air con regased but it’s still the same, can’t turn off econ button and semi cold air coming out. Anyone know where the relay is location? Or anyone had this problem before that could shed some light on what it could be? Car was sat for a while.

It could be the compressor. It's what's failed on my a6 and as such my air con doesn't work. 

When it was regassed did they do a leak test? 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

The Air Con machine does a cycle where it checks for leaks and it wasn’t leaking. I was thinking pump or rad. Feel like it’s going to be expensive. Great!

26 minutes ago, Alex smith said:

Hi Steve,

The Air Con machine does a cycle where it checks for leaks and it wasn’t leaking. I was thinking pump or rad. Feel like it’s going to be expensive. Great!

The compressor, abd other components are expensive. That's the reason why I've lived without aircon as the bill was going to cost around £1000.

Cheers

Steve

So I’ve checked the fuses for the air con and they’re fine. I’ve also checked for power at the plug on the air con motor and seems to be no power going there at all only earth. Anyone know where the relay is located? Had a look but can’t make heads or tails which is which