Is the c8 A6 really this bad?

hutchys

Hi,

As per my question above really.

I have a chance of getting a really good lease deal on an 45TDi A6 Allroad and I have started to look at reviews and forums regarding the A6 Allroad and Avants and I am astounded at all the problems being reported about the car?

Throttle réponse when cruising along, picking up when slowing down at roundabouts and trying to pull away quickly, little rattles behind the dash, problems with lane departure (can this be turned off permanently or does it only activate above a certain speed so as not to cause problems around town) to name a few.

This has put serious doubt in my mind, even though the deal is good. Or is it the case of a few unlucky people and the majority of people with little or no problems on their A6 actually log into forums to tell people how problem free their cars are.

2 hours ago, hutchys said:

Hi,

As per my question above really.

I have a chance of getting a really good lease deal on an 45TDi A6 Allroad and I have started to look at reviews and forums regarding the A6 Allroad and Avants and I am astounded at all the problems being reported about the car?

Throttle réponse when cruising along, picking up when slowing down at roundabouts and trying to pull away quickly, little rattles behind the dash, problems with lane departure (can this be turned off permanently or does it only activate above a certain speed so as not to cause problems around town) to name a few.

This has put serious doubt in my mind, even though the deal is good. Or is it the case of a few unlucky people and the majority of people with little or no problems on their A6 actually log into forums to tell people how problem free their cars are.

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. 

As is the way you'll often find more information on issues and negatives than on positives as we humans have a tendency to complain more than compliment. 

I personally would say drive one abd make your mind up from there as everyone is different. We could both drive the exact same car and I'm sure we would pick up different positives and negatives etc. 

As I'm going to assume it's a 3 year lease deal on a brand new model then atleast you'll have piece of mind with a warranty. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve.

You are correct regarding trying and seeing but it is difficult to try as no showrooms are open and the dealer is saying it could be delivered by mid June and I am assuming no showrooms will be open before then and I would have had to commit before then.

The lease is through a franchised dealer and over 24 months and brand new so no problems regarding warranty but saying that I could do without having to take it back for niggles/problems every month or so.

24 minutes ago, hutchys said:

Thanks for the reply Steve.

You are correct regarding trying and seeing but it is difficult to try as no showrooms are open and the dealer is saying it could be delivered by mid June and I am assuming no showrooms will be open before then and I would have had to commit before then.

The lease is through a franchised dealer and over 24 months and brand new so no problems regarding warranty but saying that I could do without having to take it back for niggles/problems every month or so.

Very good point, I keep forgetting the dealers aren't open. 

That's probably why the lease deal is so good because they're needing the funds. Plus they know you're leasing a car you can't get hold of right away.