New Audi Owner!

ZEE-A6

Hello everyone, after owning two Volkswagen Passat’s in the past, iv decided to go ahead and move onto an Audi A6, new to the brand but thought it was a safe choice for me as I have already owned VAG vehicles before.

The car will be used as a private hire taxi, so Iv gone for a 2015 2.0 TDI S line with the S tronic gearbox. 

I already have a few questions to ask..

This vehicle was an ex lease 1 owner with full audi history however there is no record of the cambelt ever being done, when is it recommended to change this.

Audi serviced the gearbox at 109k miles (she is currently on 112k miles), but I can’t see anywhere about them changing the filter, should I look at getting this done asap?

Fingers crossed no regrets so far fallen in love with the car, here’s hoping there are trouble free miles ahead! 

Below are some quick photos, once I get a chance to scrub her up properly and give it a good polish I will show some better ones 

2177049C-3F09-49D2-9336-F41148767096.jpeg

C5F5C778-B95F-4443-83E0-C689B826226E.jpeg

23AB4D0A-8C4D-4940-B832-F47CD05D868A.jpeg

B59B3F40-3120-4068-930E-52CCE4AE9B3A.jpeg

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Cambelt is 120k 5 years. I'd be looking at getting it done.  

Looks very nice 👍

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve & Zeeeshan,

It maybe important to stress that the ‘x miles or x years’ schedule for cambelt changes is reinforced by ‘whichever come first’.

So in your case where 120k or 5 years is specified, your car needs a cambelt change now since the car is 5 years old - irrespective of the fact that it hasn’t covered 120K miles. 

I will bow to your experience Steve, but I thought the mileage figure was 75K with this, but whatever Zeeshan, It needs doing. 

As I understand it, this is a front-of-of-the -car off job, and Audi quote around £795 to renew cambelt assembly and the water pump. 

To my mind, the quality of the parts used is critical, and for such a labour intensive job, I would only use genuine VAG parts ( available on discount - or at least were, pre Covid) - particular the water pump - with no exceptions. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Yeah I figured it definitely did need doing, I knocked the price down from the garage I bought it from because of this.

I have a mechanic who does a lot of Mercedes and Audi’s in the taxi company I work for who Iv been using for the past 5 years with my previous Passat. He said he will charge me £140 labour, I am planning on getting the required parts including oil and oil filter from TPS local to me in Milton Keynes and using my taxi badge for some discount. 

The only other thing is working out whether to service the gearbox again as the filter has never been replaced.

End of the day it’s going to be used as a taxi so will be pushed hard on some days.

Thanks

Zee

Sounds like a plan. 

Regarding the gearbox I'd speak to your mechanic. I do d it odd the filter wasn't changed when they changed the oil. 

Cheers

Steve