what you think about audi a7

SebastianASL

hello guys audi a7 is the car of my dreams but I'm a little afraid of the problems that may occur I searched the net and there are quite a lot but the biggest problem that scares me is when the gearbox breaks and must be changed with a new one that costs quite a lot you can also tell me those of you who had this car like the models from 2012-2013 after 1-2 years of use how did you find this car what you liked the most about it and what not you liked it in the end you thought it was a good investment even if most people after the internet say they are pretty bad

also sorry for my english if it s not very good

• 1 month later...

I've had a 3rd-hand 2011 A7 for the past 3 years, and liked it so much that I'm trading in for another one.
Yes, I have had a couple of gearbox issues during that time; one caused by the electronics, and one by a bursting oil hose.  Neither required a new gearbox though.
That might sound like it is fraught with problems, but EVERY car I've had has had it's own unique issue (like a BME5series that needed topping the radiator up every 1000 miles, and often blew holes in the radiator itself!).

I've found the A7 to be a proper "luxury barge", smooth ride, and not as common a sight on the roads as A6/A6/Jag/BMW.  I have the petrol 3.0 which has a nice amount of poke in the right range for overtaking on A roads when required.

The trouble with just reviewing the Internet forums, is that most people only visit when they have a problem.  The quietness of this forum is a combination of the low numbers of people that drive A7s, and the (realistically) low number of problems.

I have had a 272bhp A7 for just over 2 years, it's been relatively faultless in that time and is an excellent machine.

It had 32k on when I bought it and it's now showing 83k but I'm now ready for a change and it's a massive quandary as the A7 ticks so many boxes for me (main one being 4x4 and a good quiet cruiser as mine has the double glazing)

PKfgP20s349LBLajFzGfwVbFgIbxMl9HB38Ilicy6if5BP8PToTG2mJnfgLVB13kTchzRDu_PWgNmMrw0O50FtN55MaLoYE1fNm0loXc5SD7umgfy2rMDRPrv3gt4-zMwyCJgXdy3cuY1R-8-lMB-G8GDbeexNJs8svQD8zoh6_xI36tBc_ZUxweFbjHa1KvLFv4LviVud8-uh8CS4oNfyrgqB4XwYjc7z7lXNX3RqBYuNBU8HBnS6QJL5Y806Ugrzy_zUiqQzwOPXSRCHJvY3CLZt7u8Qn7ruRhuTjmWM9nktsGfAiOjxwqaVS5OGS5kV_c4FlRWdjFJlcwYoCJZ_ZK99m9plAux5UGk6b8IumQ4g92MZyO0QgcLqnwWp5N2jpHgqH9z8ISDxIpNuoODUZ6YcIvzTP3lQ-mhUCGnMoC_7WlMDyntjD0fTKfSObzLRa4TH5TErAyWj3EVwvW_439ZIHnuKPl2iHWP3kDkFZ7CKmo2CGJMjL4dfG6ac_4ayjquJmbzz4I6H-grKEJYDKIuZb_gVCtVO0Y_KjgWmt8qryZoQRczfhHbMdUBNWvuAXB0mY9KE-bYmPPBtnkEGl06eOtIVGZorIy9tS8jNvS9mBQa2AV7JyPZPEYLDNKNkFUIYGbkOqirjBSZR7pk1g_c7OEpwWw7oXWYIwYf3etml2ZgheHnK6ht3qkYA=w1198-h898-no?authuser=0  

I'd highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed, just look for a full SH including the gearbox (every 38k on mine)

• 3 months later...

Great all rounder for a growing family , really practical and versatile.

Id get another after this but biturbo facelift to a decent spec within my budget maybey even an S7 by then.

look after it and it will look after you.

its a great cruiser on motorways etc but not as nimble and quick off a roundabout as say a stage1 mk7 gtd around the town ,

depends what your needs are.

Will understeer when hard pushed tight in damp or wet conditions as most "real" fulltime quattro 4wd systems where engine is forward of the driveshafts and that weight outfront but the traction control will save you .

i love the way the golf platform you can code xds to tighten up the tight cornering with inside wheel braking but not managed to code the a7 if it is indeed possible on this abs firmware? probably not!