MMI stuck on initialising

Steve93
聽Share

Hi guys

Looking for abit of help/advice on this.聽

Turned the car off the other day and everything was working fine.... have gone to turn the car back on and the MMI is stuck on initialising on the dash. the screen pops up on start up and the loading screen in on but goes no further.

Tried the 3 button rest set to no avail.. 馃槥 馃槥

I've spent countless hours now scrolling through different forums with not much help apart from this 拢2800 price being flown around alot to 'replace and reprograme

Wondering if anyone has any clue on what to do or how to fix... becoming tedious not being able to listen to music/radio in the car

Cheers in advance.聽

On 5/26/2020 at 9:14 AM, Steve93 said:

That's today's plan, error code check and go from there.聽

Hopefully will just be a new unit... finger crossed!

Please keep us posted on how you get on 馃憤

Cheers

Steve

Sooo... the update 馃槀馃槀

Codes read fine, there were a few open circuit faults which were screen, probably due to the glove box being dismantled..

Simple answer the is no communication from the mmi unit to the vehicle, so I've ordered a new one and seeing if that works.聽

Failing this I've been pointed to www.bba-reman.co.uk so I gave them a phone. Seems these giys fix most things ECU's, throttle bodies, mmi units , blah blah blah.聽

Quoted around 拢225 with a life time guarantee 馃憣馃徎 seens rather fair in my opinion..

11 hours ago, Steve93 said:

Sooo... the update 馃槀馃槀

Codes read fine, there were a few open circuit faults which were screen, probably due to the glove box being dismantled..

Simple answer the is no communication from the mmi unit to the vehicle, so I've ordered a new one and seeing if that works.聽

Failing this I've been pointed to www.bba-reman.co.uk so I gave them a phone. Seems these giys fix most things ECU's, throttle bodies, mmi units , blah blah blah.聽

Quoted around 拢225 with a life time guarantee 馃憣馃徎 seens rather fair in my opinion..

Good luck, please keep us posted on how you get on 馃檪

Cheers

Steve