Help with P2011 fault code

Mungo2007

Hi all 

I have a 2007 Q7 that has sprung up a P2011 fault code with from what i can find online is “Intake manifold air control actuator / solenoid, bank 2 – open circuit

What does this mean and is it an easy fix?

Car is running fine so not sure if it is one i can leave for a bit or need to address it now. 

Thanks 

Thanks Steve 

Another question that i always get confused with it says bank 2, is this drivers side or passenger side so that i start looking at the correct side. 

Just thought i would update the thread, looks like problem is fixed for now.

After looking at the thread link and some other forum threads i found that the link arms from the swirl flap motors can start to wear in the ball joints, so i thought i would try this fix first. Bought a repair kit on eBay for £26 but it is an upgraded kit with the full ball joint covered rather than the standard ones that have the back of the ball joint open i thought these may wear a bit more evenly. 

Popped the arms off of the swirl flap motors on both sides with long nose pliers and popped the new ones on took under 5 minutes, i kept fingers crossed that just doing this would fix it as there was a bit of play on the existing ones, engine management light out plugged into the diagnostic software and cleared the permanent codes coming up run for a few days and all fixed fingers crossed cheap fix, but time will tell if there are any other problems that flag up again on the diagnostics but you never know i am not normally this lucky!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, Mungo2007 said:

Just thought i would update the thread, looks like problem is fixed for now.

After looking at the thread link and some other forum threads i found that the link arms from the swirl flap motors can start to wear in the ball joints, so i thought i would try this fix first. Bought a repair kit on Ebay for £26 but it is an upgraded kit with the full ball joint covered rather than the standard ones that have the back of the ball joint open i thought these may wear a bit more evenly. 

Popped the arms off of the swirl flap motors on both sides with long nose pliers and popped the new ones on took under 5 minutes, i kept fingers crossed that just doing this would fix it as there was a bit of play on the existing ones, engine management light out plugged into the diagnostic software and cleared the permanent codes coming up run for a few days and all fixed fingers crossed cheap fix, but time will tell if there are any other problems that flag up again on the diagnostics but you never know i am not normally this lucky!

So glad it's sorted 🙂 

Cheers

Steve

Update - Bad news fault code has come back after a couple of weeks so i changed the swirl flap motor but still got the fault code. 

Is there a way to bypass this and leave the swirl flaps open and trick the system to think it is all ok? I maybe wrong but i am sure i read somewhere online this is possible and then the fault code goes away.