What are these things called ?

When recently clearing out the loft above one of my garages, I found a number of coloured illustrations printed on expensive card.   They are all either Jaguar or Daimler pictures, mostly of the detail of wheel hubs, boot and grille badges etc.  To me they look like design study drawings created possibly for approval at Board level.   The previous owner of my houses was a director on the Jaguar board, and also a avid fan of the marque. He is long dead.

i intend to advertise them on eBay, but don’t know what the commercial name for them would be.   Any graphic designers or ad men out there who know what these things would be known as ?   Thanks

Hi,

im afraid I’d need my teenage daughter to upload pictures here, and she’s in lockdown at Uni, but what they are really only 18 inch by 24 inch illustrations of various badges and scripts of Jaguars and Daimler’s  over the years. I can’t even tell if they prints or originals.   They are all beautifully done on dark brown artists board.   I plan to sell them on eBay so would like to be able to title them properly.

cheers.

4 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Steve,

Have you tried the more appropriate Jaguar Forum? It’s always very active. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi,

knowing the Jaguar forum [ I used to be Chairman of the club ] I don’t think it’ll have half as many graphic designers, advertising men or publicity agents as this Audi forum.  However, not having had much response here [ thank you for yours, by the way ], I will try another forum as well.    I’ll try both the Alfa Romeo and Aston Martin forums since I am a member of both those clubs.

As it happens, the subject matter of the pictures doesn’t matter.   It could be cans of beans, packets of painkillers, or the latest Lamborghini.   The name I am seeking is what the type of picture that is used to make presentations or obtain approval prior to being used for advertising, printing etc.

Cheers.