Audi Symphony 3 without DAB swap

HI

Just got hold of a 2010 A5 Convertible that has a a Symphony head unit without DAB.  Is it possible to just change the head unit to a second hand Symphony unit that does have DAB or would it need to be coded in to the car.  There are a few units on eBay that look OK but want to check this can work before buying the new head unit.

Thanks

Carl

Hi

Thanks for the response, I found a company down in Plymouth (Retrofit SW) that will suply and fit a Symphony radio that has DAB using the original Audi aerial for £350 so I'm in the process of booking in with them.   

They'll do everything from sourcing the radio and aerial amp through to fitting and coding, as far as I'm concerned that's a bargain!

Carl

2 hours ago, Descarl said:

Hi

Thanks for the response, I found a company down in Plymouth (Retrofit SW) that will suply and fit a Symphony radio that has DAB using the original Audi aerial for £350 so I'm in the process of booking in with them.   

They'll do everything from sourcing the radio and aerial amp through to fitting and coding, as far as I'm concerned that's a bargain!

Carl

Certainly is a bargain! Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Steve