Tail Pipes help required

ekimj10

The twin chrome tail pipes on my 2.0 Sportback need replacing and I can't see a way of removing the old ones.

Anyone have the answer or do you have to by replacements that fit over the existing ones?

Probably not a new topic but I can't find the answer.

Thanks for any response.

An Audi dealer on eBay has suggested that the trim may be welded on! and advised that Audi no longer supply the trim as spares.

Looks like they stay in a grotty condition.

Many thanks Steve, I would never have guessed. I have attempted to move by hand and it feels pretty tight, not surprising after all these years.

I have found them on eBay from Germany and I'm thinking it may be easier to remove if the exhaust back end was removed, failing that buy one that goes over the original.

Decided to go with Steves' advice and have ordered two from eBay plus some tube to make up the slight difference in diameters. Overall much cheaper than the OEM ones but will be of a lower quality for sure. Thanks again.

All done, tailpipes and tube arrived today so about 2 hours later all sorted.

Cost for everything was £27.00, they look good to me, slightlly larger than original, maybe a bit too boy racer?

Anyone needing the links, more than happy.

A3 tailpipes.JPG

21 hours ago, ekimj10 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5c3fc8f17ce3dc25All done, tailpipes and tube arrived today so about 2 hours later all sorted.

Cost for everything was £27.00, they look good to me, slightlly larger than original, maybe a bit too boy racer?

Anyone needing the links, more than happy.

A3 tailpipes.JPG

They look great! 👍