MMI display not working

William Acquah

Hello everyone,  I have an issue with the MMI display in my Audi A6. The display turns its self off, I've tried a rest but still not working. The cd changer works fine.

Any ideas on what to do next please?

Thank you

5 hours ago, William Acquah said:

Hello everyone,  I have an issue with the MMI display in my Audi A6. The display turns its self off, I've tried a rest but still not working. The cd changer works fine.

Any ideas on what to do next please?

Thank you

My 2016 A6 had issues with the MMI screen not displaying and would also disconnect from Bluetooth often and randomly and even turn it off.  Was a frequent visit to the Audi Service Centre (under Warranty) to investigate but nothing was found, even though I showed the Audi team videos of the system playing up.  I believed they removed and reinstalled new MMI software and updates as a new 2016 Maps SD Card had to be replaced and set-up to the car and with the software updates, they also added a function to power fold mirrors when you lock the car with the key fob, which wasn't there before.

Even after that, still played up a bit but I do believe the computer software is very glitchy on the A6.

54 minutes ago, William Acquah said:

Okay thanks

Not an issue.

With my A6, the pop out screen would not display anything despite the car being up and running and driving.  Screen would flicker at times.  Navigation would be hit and miss to whether it loaded as often it stated no Navigation Medium Installed although the SD card was present.  Media files would play and then stop randomly.  Playing music through Bluetooth to iPhone wouldn’t always work.  Car Bluetooth settings would play about.  

In almost 4-years, the only issue with the car was the MMI system.  Definitely had a mind of its own.  I have recently had a new battery fitted to the vehicle and since then, the MMI has worked every time with no glitches.  The Audi Roadside Assistance guy advised me the battery fitted on my car originally was known for causing error codes and random computer faults as it was part of a dodgy batch but was still put on to the car in Germany back in 2016.

Maybe get a free battery check to see if there are any faults there.