Audi Q5 side steps.

Larryadler

I have a 2019 Audi Q5 S Line, with air suspension. 
I am considering fitting side steps. However the Audi official price of £1249.00 quite frankly I find ridiculous.

i have had a price from Direct 4x4 in Derby, at a quarter of that cost, and that’s fully fitted.

I am aware of the, do you need them/ don’t you need them debate( the Q5 isn’t that high to need them etc) but I do think they enhance the vehicle looks. My concern is twofold really. 
Will fitting aftermarket sidesteps in any way disturb/affect the air suspension?
I understand that when you have Audi sidesteps, they come with a new jack, as apparently the original supplied will no longer do the job.The bottom line is, I can’t see me doing a wheel change anyway, as I have no spare, and I certainly ain’t standing on the hard shoulder squirting gunge in the tyre. So that I do have a jack, what would be required, ie would a bottle jack suffice?

Has anyone had after market side steps fitted, and can give any feedback.

Any information / advice appreciated

Pete R

Hi Peter, that price is obscene. I wonder could you not get the new Audi jack designed for sidesteps when getting the direct 4x4 ones? 

Can't see them affecting the air suspension in anyway to be honest. But you should bask direct 4x4 to be on the safe side.

Bare in mind you have to declare sidesteps to insurance companies bad a modification now. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve,

I just thought, why didn’t I think of that, so I had a look to find the specified Audi jack for vehicle fitted with running boards.

its part No 8R0071029, a scissor jack, and it costs £110.00, where a normal scissor jack is usually about £15. 
I think I need to speak with direct 4x4 before I place any order, and take their advice.

My only concern with the air suspension was the air tank reservoir runs along the near side sill, but I guess the fitters will be fully aware of that, they fit enough of them.

Cheers

Pete R

10 hours ago, Larryadler said:

Thanks for your reply Steve,

I just thought, why didn’t I think of that, so I had a look to find the specified Audi jack for vehicle fitted with running boards.

its part No 8R0071029, a scissor jack, and it costs £110.00, where a normal scissor jack is usually about £15. 
I think I need to speak with direct 4x4 before I place any order, and take their advice.

My only concern with the air suspension was the air tank reservoir runs along the near side sill, but I guess the fitters will be fully aware of that, they fit enough of them.

Cheers

Pete R

Yea they'll be fully aware. My advice would be to try and look on eBay for one but as it's such a new car you might struggle to find a used one. I wonder if the jack is just for the q5 or if they fit it to other Audi's. 

Definitely worth asking direct 4x4 but if they're fitting them then youll be fully covered. You could Hask them what the fitting process is. 

Cheers

Steve