First time A4 buyer, Looking for advice.

Gully-Goon

Hi all,

Need to buy a new car, shortened my search all the way down to an A4. Have been asking Audi owners what they think etc, and some family members who are petrol heads. I just want to know what I should be looking out for when buying an A4, my price range is round £5k, manual, petrol and under 100kmiles. Have found some interesting results online and missed a couple good ones. Preferably 3 owners or less. Would really appreciate all the advice I can get. 

Thanks a bunch!

Raphael. 

Welcome to the forum, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

What year roughly are you looking for band are you looking for petrol or diesel? Manual or automatic? 

Cheers

Steve

Thank you Steve.

Because of my budget the only A4's that I can afford (also London prices seem to be higher) are, 2008,2009. Not looking to get earlier models. Has to be Petrol as I live in central London, and of course ULEZ is an issue here. I much prefer a Manual over automatic. And up to 100k miles. I have found a few, but have missed them by an hour, or because the seller has not taken down the listing for the vehicle. So because of that I already feel I am looking at the right cars 😂😂.

Audi A4 TFSI 1.8

2008/9

Petrol

Manual

<100k miles

Really appreciate the guidance, thank you Steve.

Raphael.

Petrol definitely makes sense living in London abd the 1.8 is a good engine. If the model year you've given me I'm guessing your after a b8 model. Here's a YouTube video buyers guide which should help: 

Service history is very important with these cars and you'll need to see when the cambelt and water pump was last changed. Also see how the clutch feels. As both of these are expensive jobs. Also make sure the air con works as it too can be expensive to fix. 

Cheers

Steve

14 hours ago, Gully-Goon said:

Steve, you are an absolute legend. 

Thanks a million for your solid advice, already going to see one now. 

Cheers!

Raphael.

You're welcome 🙂 good luck, let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Steve