Roof Bars

Bonzo

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to being an Audi owner.  I've been trying to get some Genuine Audi Roof Bars for my 2017 A6 Allroad.  I've now worked out which part number I need (4G9071151L) but trying to get a set at a reasonable price seems difficult.  Found millions of bars for Q5's which appear very cheap and lots for older A6 Allroads, but all wrong part numbers.  Anyone out there got a set in their garage that they don't use...?  Anyone found another bar that fits just as well..?

Cheers in advance.  Paul

1 hour ago, Bonzo said:

Yes agreed but all a bit expensive.

The £35.00 ones I bought work well enough, two bikes (adult) and a 1/2 width box full with caravan awning, carpet, poles and a whole shed load of other holiday rubbish (most of which seems never to get used but SWTSMBO insists we take it) all the way from UK to Southern France and back and no sign of any bend or damage. Also used at least a dozen times within the UK with nearly all the same kit !!  Easy to use ... what's not to like .. 🙂

With an Allroad, you will be fine with a set of generic roof bars for cars with raised roof rails (e.g. the £35 set).

For an Avant with flush roof rails, I would be more fussy and go for the genuine ones or a set from Atera, who are one of the OE suppliers to VW/Audi.