Amazon Alexa Integration

MartinLHW

Hi Follow Owners,

Finally decided to join after reading so many great comments and seeing other audi owners working together/passing information on to rectify issues (such as sluggish/slow to accelerate problem).

I was wondering if any other members have managed to get Amazon Alexa integrated into their Audi/MMI?
The videos I've found on the internet shows a very simple process of clicking on 'Users' from the main menu and selecting the profile you want and logging into your Audi Account. From there, there should be a QR code for you to scan with your smartphone to open a link to your amazon account for you to log in and approve access to Amazon Alexa with the Audi vehicle but mines doesn't bring up any QR Codes. Is this because I have yet to receive the latest MMI Updates that I've been reading other audi a6 c8 owners have been receiving lately or am I doing something wrong?

I got my car in 2019 and have still not been back for it's first service or any updates yet so will no doubt be running all the original software from release.

Thanks in adance,

Martin

I'd suspect this is down to the software and will be included in the next update. My advice would be to ask your Audi dealer to see if this is incorporated in the next update. 

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got confirmation from Audi UK that the Amazon Alexa only works on Audi A6 C8 MY20...assuming it means manufactured from 2020 onwards.

Quite annoyed annoyed/disappointed about this as mine is a 2019 first release but anyhow still the current A6 (C8) model. Would have thought it would be a simple case of software/ firmware update but nit the case as my car only went in last week and got the latest MMI updates.