Hi all finally bought a TT!

Luke808

Hi all,

As per the title, I finally bought a TT. Managed to find a lovely 2013 MK2 Black Edition, SLine, Quattro, SDrive. I'm really chuffed with my purchase. I have had a couple of issues initially, one consisted of blocked drain holes under the windscreen wipers and the other is the central LED brake lights being intermittent with a warning.

Drain holes now clear and carpet drying nicely. Brake lights still an issue.

I have a few questions, if that's ok, for the veteran TT drivers. 

1 - Are there any recalls I should be aware of? I understand the above mentioned LEDs are one? Where can I check for all recalls?

2 - I would like to get a space saver wheel but slightly confused as to which wheel will actually fit in the provided hole(without deflating) Can anyone recommend a company to supply wheel? 19inch Black Edition wheels*

3 - I understand that the Audi tyre emergency sealant is a one way trip, am I right in thinking their is a preferred water soluble version?

Anyway looking forward to becoming an active member of this forum, so hello to all and looking forward to chatting.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer me for the above question.

Cheers all,

Luke

Welcome to the forum Like, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

Hope you're pleased with your purchase. 

Recalls wise, my advice would be to contact Audi directly to see if it has any recalls. 

Spare wheels wise any TT mk2 space savers will fit. 

My advice would be not to use that gunk in your wheels. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Good to meet you fella.

Thank you for your feed back. I think my main concern Ref- Space Saver was that quite a few people have said that many wheels don't actually fit into the boot aperture/hole without deflating. Even this company https://www.carnoisseur.com/products/details/road-hero-spare-wheel-kit-to-fit-audi-tt-mk2-rh149 said it was my responsibility to make sure it would fit. Just seems rather odd and wanted reassurance or recommendations. 

Cheers,

Luke

7 hours ago, Luke808 said:

Thanks Steve,

Good to meet you fella.

Thank you for your feed back. I think my main concern Ref- Space Saver was that quite a few people have said that many wheels don't actually fit into the boot aperture/hole without deflating. Even this company https://www.carnoisseur.com/products/details/road-hero-spare-wheel-kit-to-fit-audi-tt-mk2-rh149 said it was my responsibility to make sure it would fit. Just seems rather odd and wanted reassurance or recommendations. 

Cheers,

Luke

Hmm I've never heard of deflating the wheel to make it fit before. If I remember correctly a3 ones should fit too. I'd be carrying one in my.boot regardless if it fitted in the well or not to be honest 

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Hmm I've never heard of deflating the wheel to make it fit before. If I remember correctly a3 ones should fit too. I'd be carrying one in my.boot regardless if it fitted in the well or not to be honest 

Ah ok, maybe I have the wrong end of the stick and this is a resolved issue. Just found it very odd that the company I contacted wouldn't guarantee that the wheel would fit in the boot space. Thanks for your feedback Steve. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a space saver company?

Id be getting an Audi space saver used from eBay as thatll be your cheapest option I bet. You've got me curious about deflating space saver wheels now. It sounds counter intuitive lol 

23 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Id be getting an Audi space saver used from ebay as thatll be your cheapest option I bet. You've got me curious about deflating space saver wheels now. It sounds counter intuitive lol 

LOL That's exactly what I thought. There's always the option of using the tyre gunk on the deflated space saver! LMAO. I think as you suggested I'm going to go the eBay route. Cheers, have a great weekend.

6 hours ago, Luke808 said:

LOL That's exactly what I thought. There's always the option of using the tyre gunk on the deflated space saver! LMAO. I think as you suggested I'm going to go the eBay route. Cheers, have a great weekend.

Hope you have a great weekend too 🙂

• 3 years later...

Hi, 

Would this be of interest?

I have an unused space saving wheel for sale. Bought for my S line 2020 TT with 19 inch alloys.

The numbers on the tyre are S300 T125 70 R19 100M.

It fits in the wheel well.

Buyer collects Stockport 

20231110_082703.jpg

20231110_082627.jpg

20231110_082605.jpg