Adblue

Larryadler

A simple question that I can’t seem to get an answer to. Can you oblige please.

I have a 2019 Q5, 40tdi, which has a 24 litre adblue tank.

Despite all the wonderful technology, there is actually no way that I am aware of establishing the adblue tank content. I am aware that the vehicle tells you when you have 1500 miles left and you need to top up.

I am hopefully, travelling to France later in the year, and really don’t want to start faffing about putting adblue in whilst on holiday, so my question is, can I just top it up before the vehicle warning comes on?
i would expect to do circa 2k miles whilst on holiday, so chances are without topping up the adblue warning may well light up, and yes, France being diesel capital, I am sure adblue will be readily available, but I would prefer to go over with a full tank.

Has anyone used Green Chem adblue, or anything not from Audi they can recommend?

Thanks

Pete R

• 3 years later...

Pete,

I have the same car and we travelled from NE Scotland to Portugal and back over three months and only used 10L. GreenChem is the best by far and I always top up before setting off - using the spout they provide. If you set the cruise control and drive to “E” then your mpg and AdBlue consumption should be amazing!