Audi A3 rear view mirror plastic casing cracked

Ian-Rich

Hello,

New to the forum but wondering if someone would be able to help me? Iimageproxy.php?img=&key=5c3fc8f17ce3dc25imageproxy.php?img=&key=5c3fc8f17ce3dc25 have managed to crack the plastic casing at the rear of the rear view mirror - it's the plastic piece that backs toward the window (see attached pic). I wanted  to find a replacement part but cannot find a part number anywhere. Does anyone know where I may be able to get a replacement? 

Many thanks

IMG_5456.jpg

Hi Steve and Gareth,

Thanks for responding. I hadn't yet made contact with Audi. I wanted to confirm the part number or know exactly what I was asking for first. I wondered if there was some kind of catalogue with parts lists.

It's the casing at the rear of the mirror that covers the part of where the mirror attaches to the window. This image demonstrates the part

Thanks again

Ian

Inkeds-l1600_LI_edit.jpg

Hello Ian, 

Many thanks for coming back on this. 

It might be me, but I’m failing to understand why you want a part number, rather than simply visiting the Parts Dept, of your local local dealer - equipped with the posted photos and asking ‘ can you please advise price and availability on this?’ 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Yes, I'll do that. I suppose I was just hoping to make an internet purchase and thought it would be easily available.

Thanks Gareth for responding.

Thanks Ian,

I don’t think I would be looking to buy one of these off eBay, until I knew what price I would have to pay at an Audi dealer - you could end up buying secondhand at little saving - until you know different. 

I can’t really see what a part number is going to do for you, since the seller is unlikely to know that either. Your photo and some additional measurements requests should suffice. 

If you (understandably) don’t want to pay Audi prices, then it’s worth registering your ‘want’ on the car breaker network sites such as  Partsfinder - there are more.

Kind regards, 

Gareth.