High Mileage??

Michael Horner
聽Share

馃槈Hi Have seen many of my friends invest in Audi TT's and am keen to join the group. Budget not great at about 拢7500 and for that can see a few S line 2;0 ltr diesels but they all have around 90k miles on the clock and range from 2008 to 2010. The leading question is " is this too much mileage to invest in S/hand for this type of vehicle / make". My head/gut says yes but my heart says go ahead and you won't regret it. Any sensible advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Michael

Hi, welcome to the group. I've not get a TT, but do have a 2.0TDI A3. It's a 2010, and has covered 82k. It runs really well and I love it. Have a look on Autotrader at TTs and change the filters to display higest mileage first. With the A3, there are many, many 2.0 TDI engines out there on 160k plus, even some into the mid 200 thousands. I would expect the TT to be the same. So can't be all that bad.

I love the TTs, but I like a convertible and have a family, so had to settle for the A3 for now, but one day........

Good luck in your search!

In fact, i've just looked cos I'm bored, and the highest mileage TT on Autotrader is a red 2008 2.0TDI at 243000 miles with FSH for 拢3800. Reg numer hidden so can't check the MOT history, but looks tidy, and still running, so 90K is a spring chicken!

• 5 months later...

In the past I worked for the Volkswagen Audi Group in the parts side of things and the diesel engines are, when looked after properly, considered to be just run in at 60K. I've seen various VAG diesel engines run up to 500K with the proper servicing being adhered to with only fair wear and tear issues. I wouldn't consider a 90K engine to be a worry if there was full service history to back it up. I'd also take into consideration how the rest of the car looks and how it drives before buying one or, dismissing it.聽

Modern diesels will go to 200K easily and as previously stated, beyond too. However, that being said, there are various issues which if the car has not been maintained properly will occur and could cause problems a little further down the line, I suppose it all depends on what proof the vendor has regarding the up keep of their car and how they come across when you meet them.

Good luck with your search.