Flat spot only in 4th 5th and 6th gear at 4000rpm.

gaz 5636

It's a 30tdi quattro. I've had the car remapped miltek cat back and k&n. Under full load in 1st 2nd and 3rd it pulls like feck. But 4th 5th and 6th gear there is a noticable flat spot at about 4000rpm. Has anyone else had this problem. I've no dash lights on to say there is a problem.

2 hours ago, gaz 5636 said:

It's a 30tdi quattro. I've had the car remapped miltek cat back and k&n. Under full load in 1st 2nd and 3rd it pulls like feck. But 4th 5th and 6th gear there is a noticable flat spot at about 4000rpm. Has anyone else had this problem. I've no dash lights on to say there is a problem.

How soon after the remap did the issue occur? 

If it's been shortly afterwards then I'd advise you speak to the remapper. 

Cheers

Steve

It was a few weeks after the map I noticed it. I put my foot down on m62 a bit after slowing down for traffic and the boost was like taking off in a plane in 5th gear then went back to normal. After that I noticed a flat spot in the top 3gears. Its going back to the same guy that did the map to delete my dpf and map again. 

11 hours ago, gaz 5636 said:

It was a few weeks after the map I noticed it. I put my foot down on m62 a bit after slowing down for traffic and the boost was like taking off in a plane in 5th gear then went back to normal. After that I noticed a flat spot in the top 3gears. Its going back to the same guy that did the map to delete my dpf and map again. 

See what he says about it. As I'd suspect it's the map that's caused the issue for some reason. 

Hi I used to have the 2.0tfsi B8 where I had it mapped also. after a few weeks I had noticed a hesitation under load on 3rd and 4th. at around 2800rpm. I found that it was the re circulation valve on the turbo. at the time there used to be an issue with the old one as the diaphragm used to split. This was the new one that was already fitted. I ended up buying a Go fast bit (GFB) diverter valve and this solved the issue. i did need to service that part every time an oil change was done. hopefully this will help. I don't know if the turbo arrangement in your car will be the same as its a diesel but worth a look.