Background Lighting Query

Wesley949

Hi all,

Its been 6-weeks and I am still loving the A3 Sportback and I seem to have adjusted well coming from the A6 (C7) and I thing the Sportback is more "me" as I started out in my Ford Hatchbacks (XR3i's, RS Turbo's and Focus ST's), so I feel very much connected with this vehicle and dropping from a 2-litre Diesel to a 1.5 petrol has not bothered me as much as I first thought.

This A3 is my first car that has background lighting and I think its so cool but I want to query one aspect and need advice from other members as I have only just noticed today, that the rear Bang and Olufsen speaker surrounds do not light up like the front speakers.  They have the same lighting strip as the two fronts but they will not illuminate, not even a little bit.

On the MMI system, I have even turned the Background Lighting to full and still the back speakers will not light up.  All other lightning aspects work (Cup holders, door handles, floor lighting front/rear) and it seems the rear speakers are the missing link.  Even when unlocking the car and opening the Driver door, everything lights up with the exception of these rear speakers.

Are the rear speakers meant to light up?  Is this something I need my Dealership/ Service Centre to be aware of to fix the issue?

Cheers guys.  Thank-you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys, thanks for your replies.

Someone from my local Audi Service Centre had also confirmed that only the fronts light up....but pending on how the model was set-up as he had seen a few S3 / RS3's that the rears lit up.  I just do not understand why they would put the strip in the rear speakers but not make it light-up.  Is it really that hard or cost-effective to not have lighting elements fitted?