Oil change warning on Q2

Petethegolfer

I had a warning on my display saying  ‘ change oil within 29 days.’

I was surprised as my car is just under a year old and with only 1000 on the clock. On the phone the garage told me it must be a glitch and reset it. Has anybody else had this issue?

It depends on what the service intervals are. They might be 1 year or X thousand miles. Or 2;years or X thousand miles. But the correct answer will be in the handbook or service book 👍

Hello Peter,

It is likely the car service plan has been set on the low mileage annual scale, rather than the Longlife c18k or 18 months. It would be worthwhile having a serious talk with the dealer to ensure the warranty isn’t compromised, since Audi are understandably going to dictate (annual?) servicing requirements irrespective of the exceptional low mileage covered. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Peter,

I think I would need that opinion in writing incase there is any future element of risk regarding the warranty relating to inadequate servicing.

Did they tell when it actually will need servicing? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Bearing in mind what you said I spoke to Audi UK Customer Services and was advised my action would not impact on the warranty. So I am taking no further action. Incidentally, the first service is due in 255 days or 9000 miles according the info from my car. Thanks.

Kind Regards

Peter