Brand new S5

AdePace

I had a 2010 S5 cab from new for two years, always liked it , so just sold my Jag F type and picking up next week a new 2020 S5 Edition 1 in Tango red , thinking it will need wheel spacers, anyone done it on a 2020 model ? 10mm front 15mm back ? I dont want poke , just fuller OEM look .

Hello Adrian,

Are you really thinking of adding wheel spacers to a brand new car, and running the risk of voiding the warranty - certainly in terms of wheel bearings, drive shafts, suspension etc? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Fine, then you will need to run the risk of the potential consequences, have the responsibility of informing your insurers, and I guess anyone who may have a shared financial connection with the vehicle. 

Once again thanks for answering a question I didnt ask, and thank you for you concern over my financials , I can confirm the car is mine and no other parties have a financial interest in my car, I also have no concerns over the wheel bearings and the moment loads on them,  as I own a bearing company , and the RS5 which has wider wheels and larger tyres with a wider track has the same wheel bearings, and my insurance company have classed this as a minor mod such as a tyre or wheel change and it has no impact on my premium , does that cover any issues you may have ?

Think you'd be fine with the spacer size you mention. I'd get tracking checked afterwards. My advice would be to buy a copy of performance Audi to get an idea for performance companies that'll sell them. 

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...