Sunroof leaking

Stu’s

Hello Stuart,

Apologies for the non specific detail with the A4, but sunroof front drains normally egress behind the front wheelarch liners. Rears? - possibly the same to the forward side of the rear arch liners. 

Sunroofs are a pain! I would now avoid them, having experienced well soaked foot wells on a Rover 75 due to blocked drains - eventually cured, and premature rusting around the sunroof on an earlier Jaguar XJ X300. 

Perhaps you could fill in a little more detail about the symptoms of your suspected blocked drains Stuart. 

Hopefully someone will come along with the specific egress points for you.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks Magnet, sorry for the delay answering, the problem was I was getting water inside the rear off side compartment where the amp is located and thought it was the sunroof. But it’s not. The amp died through water damage .I’ve since taken all of the rear plastics off Inside to try and locate where the water was coming from but no luck as it has since stopped leaking now.    (.  Urgh )!!!     Any ideas where it may be leaking from ? And is it a known problem ?

Hello Stuart,

Are we taking the rear footwell here- actually where a passenger’s feet would rest, or somewhere else in the rear ‘compartment’ - sorry I don’t know where the amplifier lives. 

Wondered what evidence you have to support eliminating the sun roof and it’s drains, and are there any tell tale signs of water stains ‘running down’ to the offending area? Or indeed to indicate if the water is being sloshed into the area from the or rear directions if practical. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

No mate, the leak was in the rear left hand side of the boot, the estate car has the B&O amplifier and related stuff for the MMI system located there.
But as I say it has stopped leaking now so it’s a bit frustrating not being able to find where it was coming from