warning lights on dash

mickyzx10r

Hello Guys new to this site just  bought  a 2013 A4 automatic yesterday went to drive the car this morning and when i turned on the ignition  i am getting a abs warning light along with traction control warning light at the same time is this caused by possible worn pads  throwing warning lights on any help would be great 

Hello Micky,

I would be suspecting one of the ABS wheel sensors or simply a poor connection at the plug onto one of them. Sounds like it will be necessary to have the car plugged in to the diagnostics to actually identify the offending wheel. 

Some models have the ABS signalling built into the (rear) hub, so if not the sensor then it could be the hub. 

Of course, the diagnostics might point to something else.

Perhaps you could let us know what shows up. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

update on this post i had only bought this car on 3 days ago  diagnostics showed the sensor had broken front wheel drivers side but the car also needed pads the dealer replaced all break discs and pads on all four wheels so hopefully thats the problem sorted all warning lights are out thanks for your help.