Audi a6 help

Ac5

I noticed a serious oil leak under the car yesterday, and identified the area it came from, a reinforced rubber hose that runs to an oil cooler ar front of radiator. Car is an automatic. Is the oil gearbox oil and how do I fill or check level once I source a new hose. Initially I though oil was engine oil but having looked at the Internet the part comes up as transmission oil cooler. So confused 

The gearbox is the cvt type as standard I believe but a tiptronic gearbox was optional extra on some models. The cvt gearboxe takes 4 - 5 litres of fully synthetic oil. Don't even think about putting dextron III or IV in or you can kiss the box goodby.

In addition if you do try and change the oil yourself, make sure you're wearing clothes that you're prepaired to throw away!

Gearbox oil will leave anything it touches stinking of sulphur!

This link should help too: 

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/179883-CVT-Gear-box-oil-change

cheers

Steve

Thanks for reply. yea I asked the guy I bought the car off and he was explaining how to fill it with cvt oil. Problem is I don t have the adapter to screw into it so need to get that. As there is little oil in the box I can t afford to drive it to a garage with a lift so have to make do with the driveway. Kind of sucks. This is not my first audi c5 but my first automatic that's why I was a bit miffed. I want to keep it as my daily runner. 

Yea you'll definitely need the adapter, sport I forgot to mention that. 

The c5 is a lovely car, I love mine but I'll be honest I dont daily mine now. 

You could always get it recovered to a garage. If it's a Quattro model it'll need a flatbed. 

Cheers

Steve