water sounds in passenger area and scuttle pan

jimbobtom

Hi,

New to the forum.

I have an Audi A4 Cabriolet 2004 3.0l petrol. i am forever getting water sounds in the passenger footwell and the scuttle pan is regularly full. i think this is playing with my electrics a bit also. I initially thought it was the rear window on the soft top which had perished in places but upon fixing this it still happens (after trying to fix it several times i came across Tiger seal sealant which is awesome and highly recommended).

The water is getting in somewhere or there are some drainage holes somewhere i have missed.

Has anyone had this problem and can help me out? I love the car but if i don't get it fixed this time, it will have to go 😞

regards,

Jim

the battery  place  fills up with  water  if drain plugs blocked   take battery  off and poke hole in grommet   job sorted

I agree with Kev, definitely look at the battery area. It's it playing up with the electrics then it may have affected the CCM module. 

Also worth looking at the pollen filter housing as this cracked on my a6. 

Cheers

Steve

3 hours ago, audia4b5kev said:

the battery  place  fills up with  water  if drain plugs blocked   take battery  off and poke hole in grommet   job sorted

appreciate this Kev thank you i will investigate tomorrow.

I also get an issue with my central brake light. i replaced it and it worked for a while but it went out again. I think water is getting in the back also. Is there any drainage holes in the back?

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I agree with Kev, definitely look at the battery area. It's it playing up with the electrics then it may have affected the CCM module. 

Also worth looking at the pollen filter housing as this cracked on my a6. 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve, i will look at this also. 

YIP THAT TO  STEVE     CHECK CONECTIONS TO  AM SURE THERE STUFF UNDER PASSNGER SIDE CARPET  THAT PLAYS UP TO WITH WATER