RS4 B8 engine screech

Steve123

Some weeks ago I asked for help re a loud screech from the engine bay on my car.  It has finally been identified and corrected.

The pair of PCV valves ( part no’s.   079103209CB.     and.  079103210E ). otherwise known as VENTHOSE. and.  VENTHOSE RH had malfunctioned.

One seemed to have stuck closed and this forced the other one to stick open.  This caused excessive crankcase pressure.  To replace they cost £119.08 each plus VAT and labour.

The garage owner explained their function to me, but I’d struggle to describe it here.   Frankly, I’m pleased that it wasn’t a new engine that was required.  This car is getting expensive to maintain now at 80,112 miles in six years.

Glad you got sorted 🙂 I would bday £119 isn't too bad! I've got to have the cambelt and water pump changed on my a6 at a cost of £450! But let's face it, the older the Audi the more if a labour of love it becomes 😉

Thanks for your comment.   I DO like my RS4 B8, even more than my Alfa Romeo Guilia Quatrofoglio.   The Audi is more planted on the road, whereas the Alfa is skittish like a thouroubred racehorse.    Let’s hope that the Audi doesn’t incur many other bills !

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...